Solar Project recap at South Shore Millwork
What we have learned: There are many moving pieces and details to manage when adding solar to your architectural millwork shop!
This past week was an exciting one at South Shore Millwork with the:
- Field excavation being completed.
- New addition well under construction.
- Electrical components ordered.
- Installers selected.
- Permits submitted.
- Solar panels mounted.
The mounting of the solar panels was interesting to watch. The panels are mounted to a racking system which is secured to the ground by means of a specialized 6 foot screw; this patented screw is manufactured by Terrasmart. The screws are driven into the ground and the racks are bolted to the top of the screw. It’s a pretty amazing thing so see – a 6 foot screw!
During the past couple of weeks, we have:
- Ordered from Terrasmart more than 300 screws.
- Received from Borrego Solar’s team of engineers a 75% drawing approval set for electrical and structural considerations.
- Sent out the drawing approval set for bid to the electrical contractors.
- Ordered SMA Inverters and Canadian Solar Panels.
- Performed a site walk through with the electrical contractors.
- Completed the layout of the electrical room switch gear, inverters, and disconnect switches.
- Began the permitting paperwork process.
Stay tuned, there’s more to come.
If you’d like to discuss an upcoming custom architectural millwork project, please contact Wayne Barthe at 781-738-3012 or email him at email@example.com.
Also, be sure to check out some of our custom architectural millwork projects and see for yourself why we are known as the New England luxury builder of fine millwork and casework.